Interview: Katie Laffan [Guinness Amplify Special]











Interview: Katie Laffan [Guinness Amplify Special]


1. Who are you? 

I am Katie Laffan, teen singer/songwriter and producer.

2. Where are you based? 

I am based in Dublin in the Walkinstown area.

3. What achievements do you want me to know about? 


I am in the Hot Press Hot for 2015 list
International Songwriters Competition 2013 Semifinalist with 'Bubbly'.
Hot press Yearbook 'Ireland's Teenage Brigade' Cover 2014.
Winner of the Alcatel/Hot Press Big Break Competition 2013

4. What are you up to now?

I'm almost finished making my first EP named FLUKE. I hope to release it sooner than later.

I recently got a band together to help me out playing my songs live because just me and the guitar was a bit of a snooze fest (for me anyway), and I don't write my songs for just guitar usually. We've been practicing lots and are now ready for playing some tunes live.

5. Name something unique about you or/and your product?

I normally produce, write and record all my songs myself in my bedroom. The Guinness Amplify recording time, will be my first time to record them in a proper studio. It will be a great experience but I love working on them myself, at home. Its my fave thing to do.

6. What is the best song ever written?

Get down on it by Kool and the Gang never fails.





7. What's the best album ever made?


Exodus by Bob Marley And The Wailers. Bob is one of my favourite artists. Wait in vain is my favourite Bob song and this is on that album. There's something about his music, he was brill and it's timeless.





8. What are your future plans?

Well releasing the EP will be a massive focus in the coming months. I'm also hoping to get a few collaborations in as well. I love working with other artists.

9. Where can I spend money on you or your product?

Look me up on iTunes, Spotify, google play. I'm in there somewhere. You can find it all on KatieLaffan.com.


10. Last one ...... Make Us Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-8v-_kaZ38 - I love this video of this dog thats excited to see his owner, its so funny.


http://www.katielaffan.com/

Comments