Something For The Weekend


As a lover of Irish Music I still think Hot Press do a great job with their magazine every two weeks. However, I was a tad annoyed at the current failure to feature any news of Mark Dignam's homecoming gigs as guests to The Swell Season next Thursday and as headliner in Whelans on the 8th Feb with very special guests.

Now I know I'm at risk of flooding the blog with Marky news so I do apologise but I wanna focus on who those special guests might be! Remember we are talking about Very Special Guests! Here are my guesses and their odds! [Disclaimer: I have no knowledge at the moment of writing who the special guest(s) are!]

Favourite at 3/1 is old busking pal Paddy Casey

Can't Wait 2 C U Again



Glen Hansard at 7/2 but this is a tad too obvious!

LIAM Ó MAONLAÍ with Glen Hansard, Mark Geary, Brendan O'Shea - Forever Young (Bob Dylan Cover)



The last time I seen Mark in Whelans Declan O'Rourke was the support!

Declan O' Rourke at 8/1 - Big Bad Beautiful World



Long Shot from Birr: Mundy at 12/1

To You I Bestow

Comments

Anonymous said…
So am I considering I sent them a press release.

Not saying anything but I think Peter might be on to something!!!!!!!!! with the special guests.