Interview: Anna Mitchell















ANNA MITCHELL


Debut album

“DOWN TO THE BONE”

Release date 13th February 2015

Available digitally on ITUnes & usual sites physical cd’s in all good record shops


Interview: Anna Mitchell

1. Who are you? Anna Mitchell

2. Where are you based? Cork

3. What are you up to now? It’s a Sunday, I'm chilling out, getting ready to visit my Producer Christian Best and his wife Nikki, after they just had their first baby, Beau Bonham Best, full of love and excitement for them.


4. Name something unique about you or/and your product?
My Album, is hard to define as a genre, it's a cohesive sound from song to song, with influences from all different types of music and musicians, a fusion of what I grew up listening to and who I watch and learn from, Billie Holiday, Stevie Nicks, Gillian Welch, Richard Hawley, all people I love and respect. I wanted to create a unique sound and carve my own mark in a contemporary music scene, but keeping a timeless unique sound.


5. What is the best song ever written?
That’s a hard one. Because I am listening to him now, I'll say, Richard Hawley “For your lover give some time”, if you ask me tomorrow I'll say something else!





6. What's the best album ever made?
Joni Mitchell “Blue”

 





7. What are your future plans?
To tour everywhere with my album, I already have a UK and German trip planned, plus some recording in New York. Then start work on the next project


8. Where can I spend money on you or your product?
You can preorder the album from annamitchellmusic.com or any independent music stores in Ireland.


Tour Dates:

06.02 Greyhound Kilkee
07.02 Seapoint Galway
12.02 Oliver Plunkett's Cork
19.02 Workman's Dublin
27.03 Levis West Cork








http://annamitchellmusic.com/

Comments