With 2011 at an end I'm bringing my 'Amhrán Gach Lá' project to a close with my Top 10 songs of 2011 by Irish artists.
1. Jukebox Gypsy - The Month
For me the lyric 'These are fading pictures now falling from our wall' is exactly what it's like looking back with memories of people who've passed away. It's a poignant track about a month in the songwriter's life which was devastating and turning it into a positive meaningful song.
Jukebox Gypsy - The Month by 2uibestow
Buy The Month here: http://jukeboxgypsy.bigcartel.com/
2. I Draw Slow - Goodbye Beulahland
3. Declan O'Rourke - Be Brave and Believe
4. Lisa Hannigan - Paper House
5. Autumn Long - Ten More Reasons
6. The Gorgeous Colours - It's OK to be Normal
7. Favourite Sons - The Great Deal of Love
8. Joe Chester - Most of the Time
9. Storyfold - The Sweetest Silence
10. The Lost Brothers - Goodbye Kid