Interview: Vegabonds and Thieves













Interview: Andy Harper from Vegabonds and Thieves

Photo Credit: LucyTakesPhotos


1. Who are you?


Andy Harper from the band Vagabonds and Thieves.


2. Where are you based?


Kildare, the band practices in my home studio out in Rathangan.


3. What achievements do you want me to know about?


We have just recorded our E.p. all by our little selves. We wrote recorded and produced it ourselves and are getting it ready to send for mastering.


4. What are you up to now?


Now we are getting ready for the release and writing. We have in the region of 20 originals so apart from gigging as much as we can we also want to plan making the album a solid collection of tunes.


5. Name something unique about you or/and your product?
We don't really stick to one style, we have a tendency to experiment with whatever feels good at the time, oh and we have a bouzouki player who plays through a marshall.


6. What is the best song ever written?


To me Pearl Jams alive, I was 11 and it was the first song that got me into guitar music, first time I heard it everything changed. I was into Jackson 5 and off the Wall, but when I heard the riff followed by Vedders voice that was it, everything changed that day.





7. What's the best album ever made?


Ten Pearl Jam, to me just perfect album from the last era of the vinyl album. Where you had two albums in one. First side was pure rock then flip over it starts with oceans its a totally different vibe. That's the sad part about cds and mp3s you don't get that break to split a record into two, plus artwork is always cooler on vinyl.


8. What are your future plans?


Release albums and play as much as we can.


9. Where can I spend money on you or your product?


You can check out all future dates and releases on the face book page
https://www.facebook.com/Vagabondsandthieveshome










Comments