EP Review: Ailbhe Reddy - Dwell [Review by Peter N]





EP Review: Ailbhe Reddy - Dwell 
Review by Peter N

Ailbhe Reddy's debut EP 'Dwell' released in December is my first review of the new year. I first heard the EP a few weeks ago and have finally gathered a few thoughts for a review. 

In general I really love the sound and vibe of the EP. 'Dwell' on a whole is very similar to the gorgeous sounds of The Staves. Beautiful vocals, melodies, sentiments and lyrics make 'Dwell' and Ailbhe Reddy a must listen for fans of indie folk pop music. 





The reason why I took so long to review the EP is because I struggled to find a unique selling point. All four songs sound similar and I really hoped to have found something to draw me and light a fire in me. Sadly, this wasn't to be the case. There's enough in 'Cover Me' and 'Swan Song' to suggest that there's a great album in Ailbhe Reddy to come in the future but for the moment 'Dwell' is a satisfying introduction to a new artist with a fine future.

Buy the EP: http://ailbhereddy.bandcamp.com/album/dwell

Comments