Interview: Cáit ‘Rocky’ O’Riordan



1. Who are you?

My name is Cáit ‘Rocky’ O’Riordan

2. Where are you based?

I was born in Nigeria, raised in London, and moved to Dublin in 1989 - I’ve been here ever since.

3. What achievements do you want me to know about?

I’ve been clean and sober since 2004.

4. What are you up to now?

I do the odd gig now and again!

5. Name something unique about you or/and your product?

hmm. Nope, we’re not unique.

6. What is the best song ever written?

Best song ever written is ‘Flower of Scotland’ by Roy Williams

7. What's the best album ever made?

Best album ever is the extended triple of Tom Waits ‘Swordfishtrombones’, ‘Rain Dogs’, and ‘Frank’s Wild Years’

8. What are your future plans?

My immediate future plans involve rehearsing for the Whelans show and a bunch of guest appearances with various bands over the holiday period. Then in 2015 I’ll be dealing with the logistics of getting U.K. and U.S.A. tours booked.

9. Where can I spend money on you or your product?

I’ll be playing classic Pogues tracks with my band upstairs at Whelans on Friday 12th December. €12, doors 8pm, we’re on at 9.15pm. ‘Fairytale of New York’ is definitely on the setlist!

"The only Christmas gig you need - Cáit 'Rocky' O'Riordan and her band playing songs from 'Red Roses For Me' and 'Rum, Sodomy, & the Lash', recreating the fun, small, and sweaty gigs from the early days of The Pogues. €12 in, doors at 8pm, onstage 9.15pm." Support from the wonderful Markas Carcas.

Listen to an early demo version of The Fairytale of New York now:

Comments