Throwback Thursday - Massive Attack's Live With Me

In this new feature on the blog I [Peter N] will be featuring an old favourite tune of mine that I'd hope finds new listeners in you the reader. In my top 10 songs ever is this Massive Attack classic 'Live With Me'.

For me the track has everything I want in a song. Stunning vocals from Jazz legend Terry Callier. It's a wonderful, engrossing and engaging love song that draws you and your emotions into the depths of the track.

If you've never heard this song here's the original .......




Here's a version of the song which appeared on Terry Callier's album 'Hidden Conversations' from 2009. It's a more subtle version of the track but stunning none the less.




I could listen to this song all day. Massive Attack have on their soundcloud page this alternative take on the track ......



The first time I heard 'Live With Me' was live in Dublin performed by The Twilight Singers. The song ended up on the album by The Gutter Twins featuring them haunting vocals from Mark Lanegan. Here's The Gutter Twins from the Bowery Ballroom on Valentine's night in 2006 which I was at ......




Any thoughts on the new feature? Agree with my assessment of the song? Comment and share away ....

Comments