Mix: Closing Down Sail

I'm taking a break for two weeks.

I'm going on a glamorous holiday to the UK! 

I'll be brought there by Irish Ferries.

I like this song Bouts from Rams Pocket Radio!


----------------------------------------------

I've reviewed some great albums this year.

Top 5 Albums of 2012 so far .....

1. Michael Brunnock


2. Eric McGrath


3. Mossy Nolan


4. Mick Flannery

5. I Am Not Lefthanded



---------------------------


I've been to two wonderful festivals so far this year. Vantastival found a new perfect pitch for the unsigned new bands while Westport found it's own niche market in it's own beautiful setting.

I've seen some wonderful live performances this year.

Top 5 Live Performances of 2012 so far ....

1. Ana Gog at The Purple Sessions, Boyles of Slane
2. Bona Fide Federation, The Grand Social
3. Master & Dog, Vantastival
4. Heritage Centre, Whelans
5. Duke Special, Westport Festival


-------------------------------------------

I'll whisper this but I was sorry to hear of the end of Henrietta Game. Not sure how 'Official' this news is as they didn't want any fuss made of their decision to split. 

-------------------------------------------

I'm massively impressed with the quality of 'Videos' being produced for YouTube by Irish artists.

Top 5 Irish Videos of 2012 so far .....

Autumn Long - Ten More Reasons




Roisin O - Here We Go




Heathers - Forget Me Knots




The Henry Girls - Watching The Detectives




A Dark Horse - Take Me Home


-------------------------------------------

I'm delighted at International Success of many of our fine musicians. Here's a list of acts making great progress in other markets.

Pauly Fagan - Canada

I Am Not Lefthanded - US [San Francisco]

Michael Brunnock recently won in the Best Original Song category at this year's David di Donatello awards ceremony, the Italian equivalent of the Academy Awards 'If It Falls, it Falls', one of the songs from the soundtrack of the new movie 'This Must be the Place', starring Sean Penn and Frances McDormand.

The Cast of Cheers - UK

Marc O'Reilly - UK

.......... there's many many more Lisa Hannigan in the US, Glen Hansard everywhere but here, Wallis Bird in Europe etc etc

---------------------------------------------

I'm often surprised at the quality of music from bands who contact me. Yes some of it isn't to my style and some of it very poor but I get some gems sent to me.

Top 5 Songs from unlikely sources!

She's A Beauty - Too Much Confusion



Doug Sheridan - Eyes Won't Let Me Cry



Miriam Donohue - Street Car



Red Sail - Balcony Balloons


A Plastic Rose - Build From the Ground Up



----------------------------------------------

I'm so looking forward to the rest of 2012.

I'm off on my holidays .... therefore as this blog is all from I then so this blog is on holidays!



Comments

my best song said…
We almost have the same choices of top albums for this year, 2012.

Have a nice vacation in UK!