Direct from their website: "Vantastival is a three-day family-friendly music festival held at Dunany Estate in mid-Louth over the May bank holiday weekend (April 30 - May 2, 2010), aimed primarily at campervan, motorhome and motor scooter enthusiasts but will be a brilliant weekend for all seasoned festival-goers with live music and entertainment on three stages."
This looks like great fun. Here's the good aspects of this festival;
1. It's €65 for weekend including camping AND all kids under 14 are free!
2. It's not far from us [45 min drive]
3. Fancy dress welcome ball, themed 'Mods v. Rockers', in a circus tent in the campsite.
4. Full weekend programme of live music and comedy on three stages, culminating each night with a big name act.
5. Healing and well-being area featuring massage and healing therapies.
6. Wooded children's playground area with adjacent crèche marquee and scheduled children's entertainment.
7. Craft and food fair, including homebrew workshop.
Here's the confirmed line-up so far:
Dublin City Ramblers
The Hot Sprockets
Sounds of System Breakdown
Yngve and the Innocent
little xs for eyes
Wee Small Gods
Ned and the Horse Boxes
and ................ Frantic Jack