Ruby Tuesday - Groom



Groom are a band who only jumped onto my radar when I got an email informing me of their new album; 'At The Natural History Museum'. However as I checked out the five piece I realised they are probably the most blogged about band in Ireland at the moment. Check out reviews/posts here, here, here, here oh and here! So here I am on the bandwagon and I feel fine because Groom are cool.

Groom are low-fi indie loving, acoustic crooning, electronic melodic architects. Well I did have to think up something unique to describe this band! I'll give the album an individual review in a few weeks but I have here a sample from the album. 'Death of a Songwriter' is a beautiful tune which reminds me of Yo La Tengo at their best.

http://www.myspace.com/groomtheband

Live Dates:

24 Apr 2009 20:00 Launch of new mini-album in Whelan’s (upstairs) w/ Neosupervital
30 Apr 2009 17:00 Tower Records Dublin
1 May 2009 13:00 Road Records


Comments